The higher chlorophyll content in unripe olives makes the early harvest oil, called agoureleo in Greek, greener and richer in healthy polyphenols. Agoureleo can be more expensive than other extra virgin oils since unripe olives produce less oil and need to be handpicked right from the trees. Very limited quantities of this olive oil is produced in Greece each year, but it is possible to find it in November, made from the Koroneiki olives hand-harvested in the southern Peloponnese.
The excellent nutritional value of early harvest olive oil is acknowledged worldwide, in fact the University of Athens and California Davis are working on a clinical research study to prove the effectiveness of Greek Olive Oil in human health.
This rare quality makes Golden Olive Eleni ® organic extra virgin olive oil the royalty of olive oil. Agoureleo always has a Harvest Year and Best Before Date. We are proud to bring this quality of olive oil from our olive groves to your table and we are proud that our products are Certified Organic.
Shop online for:
- Certified Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Certified Organic Table Olives
- Certified Organic Vinegars
- Certified Organic Elatomelo or Fir Honey
- Certified Organic Grape Products (Raisins and Petimezi)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil Beauty Care Products
- Greek Isle Sea Salt
- Greek Tahini & Greek Halva
- Our From the Olive Grove Cookbook
Or look for Basil Olive Oil Products at these retailers.